I am a big fan of keeping my commitments and “todo” ideas out of my head. By placing these ideas in an organized system, I feel less stress. At home and work, I organize my commitments and ideas using a tool called MindMeister, a web based mind mapping tool. I love this tool since it helps me creatively brain storm, but I can keep my thinking organized. If I need to improve the organization of my ideas, it’s very simple to move those ideas around.
Benefits of MindMeister:
- The tool can be used for creative brain storming, project tracking, prioritizing features of products, and outlining papers.
- Since the tool is web based, I can use it from Linux, Mac, and PC.
- The tool can import ideas from FreeMind, another open source MindMapping tool.
- MindMaps can be shared. Suppose you have three of your friends looking at a MindMeister mindmap for planning a party. As you add ideas to the mindmap, all of your friends see your changes instantly. (This is a fun feature!)
- Idea nodes in the MindMap can be decorated with notes, icons, files, etc.
- You can enjoy this product for free if you limit yourself to three MindMaps.
- The tool is available through Google Docs as well.
Check out MindMeister.com .
Click the icon below to get your FREE MindMeister account.