When I talk to college or high school students about my job as a software developer, I often encounter the question “how do I get started creating apps?” As a software guy, I want to encourage students to become makers. I love the craft of making software and building apps. Therefore, I wanted to share some information about a tool that will provide a gentle introduction to building mobile applications for iOS, Android and Windows Phone.
- Using PhoneGap Build, you can build apps using one step without owning a Mac or other expensive programming tools.
- You can build apps like these – http://phonegap.com/app/
- I believe in taking baby steps in life. While it would be cool to start learning Java and Objective C to build mobile apps, PhoneGap helps you start the learning process using tools that are simple and engaging.
- If you start investing time in learning PhoneGap, you’re building skills to become a web developer too. The demand for these skills is only increasing.
- Khan Academy for computer science – https://www.khanacademy.org/cs
How do you get started with PhoneGap Build?
What kind of app would you like to create? We would love to hear from you!! Leave a comment and let us know how we can help you.
- Learn how to create a mobile app in minutes using Corona SDK
- Learn to Build Your Own Conversational Bot using ChatScript
- How To 3D Print Your Minecraft Creations
- Benefits of Teaching Kids To Code That No One Is Talking About
- 5 reasons to love Khan academy for computer science