Through making and tinkering, students learn using their hands, grow their creativity, and become more curious about their world and testing the limits of what is possible. InspiredToEducate.NET and SparkMacon Makerspace have designed a series of workshops to connect students with the essential technology skills of inventing using computer programming, digital fabrication, and robotics.
Parents and kids are invited to take this workshop together. It’s a great family activity!
Robotics: This workshop makes a great gift for the young makers in your life to inspire their love of learning and practice their creative skills. During this hands-on workshop, students will have the opportunity to build robots from scratch using the mBot kit. Students will love customizing their mBot using puzzle based programming and the easy to assemble construction experience. You can program and control the robot using a PC, IPad, or mobile phone. Students take home their mbot to continue the tinkering fun at home.
Student registration includes a complete mBot robotics kit from Makeblock.cc.
- Workshop length: 3 hours
- Cost: $95
- Workshop cost includes a MakeBlock mBlock kit the students take home.
- This class serves students from age 9 or older.
- Interested in registering the workshop? Please register here.
- Oct 8th from 1pm to 4pm
- Dec 3rd from 1pm to 4pm
Location for workshops:
Our robotics workshop will be located at SparkMacon Makerspace.
Funds from these Maker Skills workshops help support the operation of SparkMacon Makerspace. Parking and location information can be found here.
Hope to see you there!
- 17 Fun Tools To Teach Kids To Code by @ChrisBetcher
- Benefits of Teaching Kids To Code That No One Is Talking About
- Easy Recipes for Building Android Apps using MIT App Inventor
- Simple Minecraft Programming Using ScriptCraftJS