Photo from http://www.public-domain-image.com
I cherish my mission as a father. My wife and I have been blessed with two wonderful boys who are going up so quickly. I often ask God to help me become the best dad that I can be. In my morning reflection, from dads.org, the author talked about the identity of a father: “A father is committed to his children.”
After reading this article, I felt a desire to find activities that engaged me and my sons. I hope that I can be more present to my kids by designing our activities to be fun. As a young dad, it can be hard to keep the attention my four year old and one year old for extended periods of time.
As I boot up my Saturday morning, I am searching for ideas with Peter. Here’ five “father son friendly” idea sites that we will be checking out:
- AdventureDad.org – I love the content for outdoor activities.
- AllThrive.org – I want to give a shout out to my awesome sister-in-law, Anne. She works with an organization dedicated to supporting moms and dads. Check them out!
- WhoLetTheDadsOut – Man! I wish this kind of organization existed in my area.
- GeekDad – As we were talking about this blog entry over breakfast, my wife encouraged me to check this out. Yes.. I am a geek!
- Pinterest – Activities for Dads – I feel weird linking to Pinterest. I hope I can keep my man card.
I am always looking for new ideas and books. What has inspired you to be a better dad? What are some of your favorite activities with your kids?